Coffee Break has been prepared for synchronization to an external task manager. Currently, the following sync plugins are available:
Make sure you follow the plugin’s configuration instructions before running the sync.
To run sync, simply press Shift-Ctrl-P (Shift-Cmd-P on Mac) and select the “Coffee Break: Synchronize with external task manager” command.
After successful sync, links to the external tasks should appear in your notes, e.g.
- [ ] this task has been synchronized to Todoist (https://todoist.com/showTask?id=123456)
If you’d like to develop your own sync plugin, please refer to the Plugin Dev documentation.
External sync configuration
There are three things to keep in mind when using the external sync:
- you need to install a sync plugin for your deserved task manager
- you need to configure the
coffeebreak.sync.commandin Workspace/Folder Settings
- only tasks of the primary user will be synced, for notes on how to setup primary user, see Collaboration
- when running the sync for the first time, you will probably be asked to provide an authorization token for the external service - please see documentation of the sync plugin for details
Note: If you’re not sure how to properly configure sync options at workspace and folder level, please refer to the last paragraph of Coffee Break: Todoist Sync documentation which shows a recommended setup that you can use as a good starting point.
Fixing sync configuration issues
To simplify resolution of various sync issues, you can hover your mouse over any incomplete task’s checkbox and a hover message will pop up showing the actual configuration that will be used to sync that particular tasks (which is a combination of the workspace, folder and mention config).